Taught by certified instructors, the American Red Cross children's swim lessons will include sessions for students in first through sixth grades, and parent and child classes for 4- and 5-year-olds.
Levels and times for the lessons include:
* Level One: Introduction to Water Skills (grades 1 to 6): 9 to 9:30 a.m.
* Level Two: Fundamental Aquatic Skills (grades 1 to 6): 9:45 to 10:15 a.m.
* Level Three: Stroke Development (grades 1 to 6): 10:30 to 11 a.m.
* Level Four: Stroke Improvement (grades 1 to 6): 11:15 to 11:45 a.m.
* Level Five: Stroke Refinement (grades 1 to 6): 11:15 to 11:45 a.m.
* Level Six: Swimming and Skill Proficiency (grades 1 to 6): 11:15 to 11:45 a.m.
* Parent/child lessons to increase comfort in the water (ages 4 to 5): 11:15 to 11:45 a.m.
Cost for the six-week session is $37 for those with a valid SUNY Oswego ID card, $39 for all others.
Registration can be made by mail or in person to SUNY Oswego's Campus Recreation in 101 Lee Hall (registration times 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, noon to 11 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays) or by phone at (315) 312-3114.
Registration forms and class descriptions also appear on the Campus Recreation website at oswego.edu/campusrec by clicking on the Aquatics link.
For more information about group and/or private swimming lessons, call (315) 312-3114.